Step 1: Online registration
For the electronic submission of the standard application form no signature nor application ID is required.
Please pay attention so you don't lose your username, password and application ID.
Step 2: Paper submission of application documents
Your application file should consist of the following documents. All documents should mention your personal application ID. Files not mentioning the application ID will not be accepted!
- A completed and signed standard application form.
- A copy of the passport or other official identification proof.
- Two letters of recommendation using the standard form under sealed enveloppe (doc)
- Legalised copies of diplomas and a translation in English. (Keep the orginal legalised copy with you; you will need this for erollment at the university and send us a copy together with your other documents.)
- Copies of diploma supplements stating courses followed and scores obtained per course and a translation in English. (This is also known as a transcript of the degree)
- Proof of English language ability
- Contact details (name, telephone, email, address) of a professor (or dean) who is well acquainted with the study programme that was taken by the applicant
- Contact details (name, telephone, email, address) of the persons who have been requested to provide reference letters. This may include the person meant under 7.
Application files should be posted to:
Secretariat of European MSc in Photonics
Faculty of Engineering, Ghent University
Department of Information Technology
B - 9000 Ghent
No email documents will be accepted.
Remark that the posted application file becomes property of the secretariat of the programme. Therefore no original official documents should be sent. Upon admission to the programme, legalised copies of diplomas, certified copies of language tests and certified copies of certificates will be required.
Step 3: Follow Up and Changes
Once you have your own account, you will be able to edit your online profile. Also you will be able to follow up the progress of your application.
In view of the telephone interview and the receipt of official documents (if you're accepted) it's important that all contact information stays up-to-date.
Edit or view your profile here (log in first). At the bottom of the form you can see whether we have received your application forms.
Note for Chinese Applicants
All students from the P.R. China will have to obtain a certificate of academic screening issued by the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS) of the German Embassy in Beijing before being allowed to enrol at any higher education institution, language course or other preparatory course in Flanders (Belgium). The APS certificate is also required for obtaining a student visa to Belgium.
Students planning to study in Flanders are advised to contact the Academic Evaluation Centre in Beijing, info(at)aps.org.cn as soon as possible in order to make the necessary appointments and this before applying for a visa. The APS application form and more information can be found on www.aps.org.cn.
The APS certificate is not required at the application stage, but will be required if the student is selected to study his/her first year in Belgium. The involved costs will be reimbursed by the China Platform of Ghent University upon arrival.
Call for applications
Call for Academic year 2013-2014: